Before changing the direction such as turning left or right, when changing the lane, parking, or stopping, the drivers have to slow down the vehicle and make sure that they will not provoke the traffic accident and have to give clear and enough signs to inform the other road users.
Before leaving the parking area, the drivers have to give clear and enough signs to inform the others who are using the same road to make sure that they will not cause any traffic accident to the others.
Except there is an order from the traffic police or traffic sign on the middle lane to turn left or right, or U-turn, or backward turning, the drivers have to follow and implement as the following:
1. Turn Left:
• Before turning to the left, the drivers have to look back through rear-view mirror, particularly through the left side mirror to be sure about the location and the traffic movements behind.
• Give the left turning sign within the proper distance from the place that needs to be turned and reduce the speed and if there are no obstacle should drive along the line of middle lane.
• Before being about to turn left, the drivers have to look left and right, and look left once again, especially look at the vehicle coming from opposition direction. If the road is free start turning carefully, especially the pedestrians who are passing across the road. If the road is not free, the drivers have to wait and let the vehicles from the opposition direction and from the right hand direction to go first.
• Turning to the left has to be conducted by keep skirting on the right hand side, this means to starting turning after the vehicle from opposite direction except the instruction from the traffic police.
2. Turn right:
• Before turning right, the drivers have to look back through the rear-view mirror, particularly through the right side mirror to be sure about the location and the traffic movements behind.
• If there is no obstacle, the drivers have give the sign of changing to right direction with enough distance to the turning place and slow down the vehicle to the right hand side.
• Before about to turn right, the drivers have to look left and right and have to look right once again, especially have to make sure that there is no obstacle on the right hand side behind. If the road is free, the drivers have to drive close to the most right hand side as possible and have to pay attention to the pedestrians who are passing the road.
3. U-turn and reverse:
• The drivers who intend to make U-turn or reverse have to make sure that their acts will not make trouble or causes any traffic accident to the other road users.
• For the reversing, the drivers have to be careful and look at the traffic movement on behind every second, especially before reversing, should be careful all the times to children and small animals staying behind.
U-turn is prohibited in the following cases:
• Near the junction road or railroad.
• At the curved road where the drivers cannot see the other vehicles in the distance of 150 meters.
• When reaching the peak or downing the peak.
• At the place which there is no-U-turn sign.
• On the one-way road.
When the pedestrians are passing the road, the drivers have to implement as following:
1. In all cases, the drivers have to stop while the pedestrians are passing or are about to pass at the crossroad sign for the pedestrians.
2. At the junction road or near the junction road, the drivers are forbidden from hampering or blocking the pedestrians who are passing the middle lane even though there is no crossing sign for pedestrians.
3. When there is a sign for pedestrian to pass at the junction road where there are traffic lights or traffic police there and even though the green light is on or the traffic police orders go forward, the drivers shall not hamper or block the pedestrians who are crossing on the crossing sign for pedestrian. For the drivers who turn to another lane and on that lane there are the pedestrians passing, the drivers have to speed down and stop if it is necessary in order to give the right to the pedestrians to cross first.
4. In the case that there is a cross-road sign for pedestrians at the junction road where there is no traffic light or traffic police, the drivers should slow down the vehicle or stop the vehicle if it is necessary to give the right to the pedestrians who are passing or are about to pass to go first.