While transporting, each vehicle shall obtain the documents issued by Ministry of Public Works and Transport and the concerning institutions as follow:
a) Vehicle identification card, and number plate.
b) The correct driving license with the type of vehicle.
c) Certificate of technical checkup of the vehicle.
d) Permission letter allowing the vehicle to do transportation business.
e) Permission letter allowing to do transportation business.
f) Insurance card issued by insurance company.
g) Other permission letters issued by other competent institutions.
Loading passengers and goods shall follow as below:
1. Loading goods on vehicle should be carefully organized to prevent:
• Causing accident to human, destroying public property, or private property with the towing or falling on the road.
• Blocking the sight of the driver or to worsen vehicle’s balance and driving the vehicles.
• Making noise, increasing dustiness or other disturbance that is avoidable.
• Block traffic light, changing direction light, mirror reflecting lights and vehicle number plate.
2. Other additional protecting facilities such as nylon, chain cable, and tent cloth used for security or protection of goods shall be tightly covered and tied.
3. All cases of loading logs / timbers or other stuff with a long length, the logs shall not be three meters longer than the front or back edges of vehicles or touch down to the ground.
4. If the log or other stuff is 1 meter longer than the edge of the back of the vehicle, the driver shall tie red cloth at daytime and at night the driver shall put red light reflection at the end of the log or the stuff. The width of the log or stuff shall not bigger than the width of the vehicle. The height shall not be higher than the roof of the vehicle as limited and manufactured by the company, except the vehicle carrying maximum weight of 20 passengers, and that it can load goods on the roof with maximum height of 0.5 meter and that it shall have a strong supporter which is firmly attached to the roof.
5. In case the vehicles transporting dangerous goods, the driver shall properly organize and pack the goods safely and write the name of the goods and stick the dangerous sign on the goods.
6. The Ministry of Public Works and Transportation shall define the loading and packing technique.
7. There shall be the comfortable seats or holding bars that the passengers can hold themselves. Passenger transportation shall be prohibited as follow:
- Carrying more people than the numbers of seats, that is limited by the manufacturing company or the Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
- Carrying passengers on the cabin roof or the roof of vehicle.
- Allowing passenger hanging themselves in front, at the side or at the back of the vehicle.
- Carrying people on the trailers or semi-trailers.
- Carrying bad smell stuff or poison on the passenger vehicle.
Carrying goods on vehicle shall not exceed maximum weight of the sustaining axles and shall not exceed the limited by the company producing the vehicles and shall not be over permitted weigh as follow:
1. Maximum weight on the sustaining axle of automobile, trailers or semi-trailers is limited as follow:
- 6 tons for single axle with two wheels under the steering wheel.
- 11 tons for twin axles with four wheels under the steering wheel.
- 10 tons for single axle with four wheels .
- 19 tons for twin axles with eight wheels .
- 24 tons for triple axles adjacent to each others with twelve wheels.
2. Permitted maximum total weigh of automobile is defined as follow:
- 16 tons for automobiles with twin axles which one axle is located in the front of the automobile with two wheels, and the other one located in the back with four wheels.
- 25 tons for automobile with triple axles as one axle is located in the front of the automobile where there are two wheels and the twin ones located in the back of the automobile where there are eight wheels.
- 30 tons for automobile with four axles as twin ones are in the front of the automobile wherethere are four wheels and the other two axles are in the back of the automobile where there are eight wheels.
3. Limitation of permitted maximum total weight of automobile with trailers shall be defined as follow:
- 40 tons for automobile with trailers having five axles onward.
4. Limitation of permitted maximum weight of automobile with semi-trailers shall be defined asbelow:
- 35 tons for automobile with semi-trailers having four axles as a single axle is located in the front of automobile where there are two wheels and the other single axle in the back of the vehicle where there are four wheels and the twin axles of the semi-trailers with eight wheels.
- 40 tons for automobile with semi-trailers having five axles onward. The total weighs of the automobile and the trailers or semi-trailers which is not included in points above shall be asked for permission letter from Ministry of Public Works and Transport. When crossing the bridges, all drivers of automobiles, automobile with trailers, or semitrailers shall obey the permitted maximum weight signs put in front of the bridges. The size of automobiles, automobiles with trailers or semi-trailers with no loading shall be defined as below:
- Maximum width of the vehicles shall not exceed 2.5 meters except vehicles equipped with tools should not be more than 3 meter width.
- Maximum height should not be higher than 4.2 meters.
- Maximum length of each automobile shall not exceed 12.2 meters.
- Maximum length of the automobiles towing semi-trailers shall not exceed 16 meters .
- Maximum length of the automobiles towing trailers shall not exceed 18 meters.
Technical standard of size and weight of other types of vehicles shall be defined by Prakas of Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
The service payment of issuing driving license, identification card, number plate, technical checkup, permission letter for vehicle serving in business, and fines for the lateness and other services shall be defined by Prakas of Ministry of Economics and Finance, and Ministry of Public Works and Transport.