USE OF VEHICLE LIGHT AND HORN
At night or day time, when could not see clearly such as during the heavy raining, fogging, or passing through underground road, the drivers on the road have to use vehicle light as following conditions:
1. In case in the time of driving the vehicles:
A. Far-light (high beam) light is generally used at night time on the road without electric lamps, to look far ahead but the driver has to be careful not to interfere with other vehicles coming in opposite direction. The far-light is prohibited to turn on in city or town where there is enough light of electric lamps, except in the case of giving signal for overtaking or making way by using both high and low beams.
B. Low beam light is used in the following cases:
• At night time inside and outside towns where there is light of electric lamps on the road.
• At night time outside town where there is no light of electric lamps on the road, in the case of being about to pass another vehicle, and when driving close after another vehicle.
• At day time when could not see clearly due to bad weather such as heavy rain or foggy.
• Normal light (low beam) can be used alternatively with far-light (high beam) as the signal to replace the horn at day time.
C. Location light: At night time in town, all vehicles, which are being driven, at least have to have the location lights without using normal light (low beam light) if there is enough light of electric lamps on the road. The location light is used for indicate the presence of vehicle and the size of the vehicle to other road users in opposite direction.
D. Other lights: At night or day time when the weather is not good and cannot see clearly ahead, the drivers have to use:
• Red light: To tell the presence and width size of vehicle to users who look from back side
• Number plate light: To let the other see the number plate of the vehicle clearly from the back side.
• Width light of vehicle: To indicate the width of vehicle or other loadings to other road users.
• Sidelight (or traffic indicator light): To inform other road users when changing direction to left or right.
• Reversing light: To inform other road users behind the vehicle when it moves backward.
• Stopping light: To inform other road users behind the vehicle when braking to slow down or stopping the vehicle.
• Emergency light: To inform other road users about accident, which might occurs, for example, when the drivers are forced to drive the vehicles slowly due to the towing of the broken vehicles or when loading heavy objects at night time or parking on the road outside town because the vehicles were broken or related to accident or because of the dropping of goods that cannot be re-loaded immediately.
• Foggy light: is used when there is fog or heavy rain. Foggy light can be used instead of the normal light (low beam) light or in addition to the normal light.
2. In the case of driving vehicles, which are not the motor vehicles, drivers have to carry out the following regulation:
• The human-driven cart must be equipped with lights or white or yellow reflectors in the front end and the lights or the red reflector in the back. The two lights must put in the corner facing the road.
• The animal-driven cart must equipped with lights or two white or yellow reflectors in the front corners in both sides and also must equipped with lights and two red reflectors in the back corners in both sides.
• The bicycle and tricycles must equipped with lights or at least with one white reflector in the front end and at least have one red reflector or red light in the back.
• The trailer/remorque driven by motorcycle or bicycle must equipped with the reflector or two red lights placed in the two sides of the back corners.
• This kind of vehicle must park or stop in row close to the roadside.
3. In the case of stopping or parking motor vehicles on the road, which has no public electric lamps, the drivers have to use:
• Location light: To inform other road users from the opposite direction about the presence and the width size of the vehicle
• Red light: To inform other road users from the back about the presence and the width size of the vehicles
• Number plate light: To let other road users behind the vehicles to see the number plate clearer.
In town, the use of light, which is provided in this article, will not be necessary if there is the light of electric lamps on the road with enough light, which enable the road users to see the vehicles clearly from a proper distance.
4. In the case of parking the trailers or semi-trailers which were disconnected from the vehicles, it has to be parked near sidewalk or roadside and must use the white or yellow lights in front of vehicle and one red light in the back of vehicle. Each light has to be placed at the corner of the cart facing to the road that the trailers are parked along in rows.
In town, the use of this light is not necessary if there is enough light of electric lamps on the road that other road users can see the parked vehicles on the road from a proper distance.
5. In case the vehicles are forced to stop or park on the road, which can provoke obstacle or traffic accident such as near junction road, turning road, curved road, steep road, and road crossing railway, as because of the vehicles did not work or related to the traffic accident and cannot be removed from the road, the drivers have to inform other drivers about the obstacle by using emergency light or placing triangular sign at least 30 meters behind the vehicles. For vehicles dropping goods on the road, which cannot be re-loaded immediately, the drivers have to make the sign or inform other drivers by using triangular sign simultaneously with emergency light or at least using any triangular sign by placing 30 meters from the dropped goods.
6. For vehicles used for police, military or military police, fire engines, and ambulances, the drivers have the right to use special light all the times.
Use of horn of vehicles has to be carried our as follow:
1. The use of horn is allowed only at daytime in order to inform other road users to avoid traffic accident, which might occur eventually.
2. Outside town, horn is also used for information when driver intends to overtake.
3. The sound of horn has to be used in short time, but not in long time more than the necessary need.
4. From the sunset until the sunrise, honking has to be replaced with normal light (low beam) and far-light (high beam) alternatively.
5. At nighttime in town, the alternative use of normal light and far-light can be used when need to overtake.
6. Drivers of police and military or military police vehicles, fire engine, and ambulance, who are fulfilling the tasks, have the right to use special horn all the time.
7. The use of air-horn (pressure horn) is prohibited in city or town or near the hospital.
The use of lights and special horn must be conducted as follows:
1. Special light is the additional light, which flashing lightning spinning around with many colors having the meaning as followings:
a- Special blue or red light can only be used for vehicles with priority, such as vehicles for police and military or military police, fire engine, and ambulance on fulfilling the task, to inform other road users about the presence of the vehicles
b- Special yellow light is used only for vehicles for public works such as vehicles for cleaning road, maintaining and repairing road, and special transport vehicles, which are equipped with the special light, that are driven in slow speed.
2. Special horn is the additional horn, which is used for vehicles with priority such as vehicles for police and military or military police, or fire engine, which are added with special roaring siren. For the ambulance, two high and low sound is added.
3. When the sound and light is used by the vehicles with priorities, other road users have to speed down and drive to the right hand side or stop to leave these vehicles to overtake or go easily.
In regardless of the regulation when fulfilling the task, drivers of the vehicles, which have the priority, can drive:
- Drive in opposite direction on the one-way road
- When traffic light produces red light
- In unlimited speed
- With priority right on the junction road
- Across or on the dotted line.
In any case, the drivers of these vehicles have to drive carefully to avoid any harm to other road users and are absolutely following the signs directed by traffic police.
Equipping light or other decorating lights besides technical definition of vehicle is prohibited.