Cases related to score card:
- When the score is totally deducted, the driving license is invalid
- When the driver violates one count, mark deduction shall not be more than 8 marks
- Three years after some marks are last deducted, if the drivers do not violate any traffic regulation, the drivers shall automatically get new score card with 12 marks.
- In case that the score cards have been deducted, and the holders want to increase the mark, they shall take training class for two days organized by Ministry of Public Works and Transportation. To take the training class, the drivers can get 4 marks but the score shall not be more than 11 marks. Drivers can take the training course to increase the marks only at least in the period of two years.
- In the case that the driving licenses become invalid due to the mark deduction, the drivers shall take driving class and apply for driving licenses again by having their health checked.
- In the case that the driving licenses become invalid because the drivers provoked serious accident or fatal accident unintentionally, the drivers shall retake driving class and apply for the driving license again at least 5 years after the accident by having their health checked.
Procedure of issuing score card for the drivers shall be determined by the Prakas of Ministry of Public Works and Transportation.
Except when there is a bilateral or multinational agreement or international convention recognized by two countries or more with Kingdom of Cambodia, legal immigrants who want to drive on the road of the Kingdom of Cambodia could obtain Cambodian license in two ways:
1. Applying in the examination for driving license like Cambodians.
2. Exchanging their national driving licenses with the Cambodian one by submitting the application form to Ministry of Public Works and Transportation and shall complete the following criteria:
a. Shall have passport and valid visa.
b. Shall have a valid driving license.
c. Shall have clear permanent address certified by authority.
d. Shall have a physical certificate and stayed in Cambodia at least six months.
e. In case the driving license is not in English or French, it shall be translated into English or French certified by their embassies, consuls or other competent
The valid duration of driving license of foreigners exchanged to Cambodian one shall be in one year.
The valid duration of driving license of the foreigners who passed the driving test would be in the same period as the Cambodian ones. And in the case that the foreigners’ driving license is invalid, the foreign drivers shall take the theoretical test and practical driving test.
Foreign drivers holding driving license type C, D, and E shall not be able to exchange for those type, but shall be able to exchange for type A or B.
All driving schools shall have permission letter and should be under the control and management of Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
All driving teachers shall have certificates proving their ability which were issued by Ministry of Public Works and Transport. The Ministry of Public Works and Transport shall issue Prakas of the procedure of issuing driving license, the setting up of driving schools, the setting up of testing criteria for driving teachers to certify their ability and driving schools program.
In case it is necessary, the Ministry of Interior has the rights to check all private driving schools.
All Vehicles and trailers or semi-trailers with the total weight over 750 kg onward that, before allow moving along the roads, they shall register and apply for vehicle identification card and with the number plate at Ministry of Public Works and Transport. All vehicles that are not yet registering for the identification card and without the number plate must be transported by the vehicles bearing the number plate when moving on the road.
All vehicles, motorcycles, tricycles and the machines which are the properties of the state serving the national security, social orders and the national defense at the battle field managed by Ministry of Interior or Ministry of National Defense must register to apply for the identification cards by Ministry of Interior or Ministry of National Defense.
Ministry of Public Works and Transport shall give the statistic list of all types of vehicles registering for the identification card to the Ministry of Interior once a week.
Ministry of Interior and Ministry of National Defense shall also report about the numbers of vehicles, motorcycles, tricycles or other machines belong to the state properties under its supervision to Ministry of Public Works and Transport once a week.
Vehicle registration and number plate issuance are defined by sub-decree.
All vehicles, trailers, and semi-trailers, motorbikes, or motor-tricycles which are moving along the roads shall have certificates of technical check issued by Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
Validity of the certificates is defined as follow:
1) A brand new mini-bus for tourist shall be brought to get the certificate of the first technical check-up for which is valid for four years. Then, the mini-bus shall be brought for technical check every two years.
2) Second hand mini-bus for tourist shall be brought for technical check every two years.
3) Brand new taxies or trucks and vehicles equipped with tools that have never used, shall be brought to get the certificate of the first technical check-up which is valid for 2 years, follow with the technical checkup once a year.
4) Second hand taxi, truck and the old vehicles equipped with tools that have been used shall be brought for technical checkup every year.
5) Brand new trailers and semi-trailers which have never been used shall be brought to get the certificate of technical checkup, which is valid for two years. Afterward, the vehicles shall be brought for technical checkup every year.
6) Second hand trailers or semi-trailers that have been used shall be brought for technical checkup every year.
7) All vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers that were locally innovated shall be brought for technical checkup before registering for number plate and identification card and will later come for technical checkup once per year.
8) Brand new motorcycles and motor-tricycles that have never been used shall be brought for certificate of technical checkup which is valid for four years. Afterward, the vehicles shall have technical checkup every two years.
9) Second hand motorcycles and motor-tricycles that have been used shall be brought for technical checkup every two years.
10) Motorbike with trailer shall be brought for technical checkup every two years.
Criteria of the technicality of the vehicles shall be defined by the Prakas of Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
All garages, where vehicles are repairing, installing and renovating, must obtain the business permitted certificates issued by Ministry of Public Works and Transport and in the necessary case the Ministry of Interior will check.
The procedure of issuing the permitted letter for the garages on its repairing and installation including the technical standard of vehicle renovation shall be determined by sub-decree.
1. Domestic or cross-border transportation companies and transportation agencies which are providing a single or multiple types of goods shall obtain the permission to do the business issued by the Ministry of Works and Transportation.
2. The procedure of governing transportation businessmen and transportation agency is determined by sub-decree.
3. The management of goods and passengers transportation is defined by sub-decree
4. The transportation of the dangerous goods and the easy-rotten-goods is defined by subdecree.
5. The contract of transporting goods or passengers on land shall be written in a separated law.
6. The international transportation shall follow international agreement when the Kingdom of Cambodia becomes the party.
All automobiles, trailers, or semi-trailers doing transportation business shall obtain the permission letter issued by Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
The permission letter for transportation business is valid for one year. The owners of the vehicles shall extend the validation for every year; it shall be fined if found of being late. Ministry of Public Works and Transport shall issue the detailed Prakas on the issuance of permission letter to the Transportation Companies.